Hamptons Psychological Assessments PLLC
Psychological Evaluations, Therapy & Consultation for Children, Adolescents, Adults & Families
Dr. Samantha Hiotakis
About our Executive Director
Dr. Samantha Hiotakis is a New York State licensed psychologist. Dr. Hiotakis obtained her doctoral degree from Hofstra University in 2005. She has been working in the educational system since 2004. Her tenure within the school system has allowed Dr. Hiotakis to work with students from Kindergarten through twelfth grade at various levels of intellectual functioning , academic achievement and with diverse behavioral and social/emotional issues. Dr. Hiotakis has also worked with adults struggling with parenting strategies, work related concerns, personal problems, and/or marital issues. In 2007 Dr. Hiotakis was recruited by the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) to teach a course in their graduate School Psychology Program. Dr. Hiotakis is dedicated to the field of psychology and continues to remain current on evolving research and curriculum demands of school age children.
A doctoral level psychologist (either Psy.D. or Ph.D.) has extensive education and training. To become a doctoral level psychologist a candidate must complete four years of undergraduate study from an accredited four year college/university and gain admission into a Doctoral Program. Doctoral Programs average between four and five years and encompass classic coursework coupled with a minimum of 1750 hours of supervised experience and training in various settings (i.e. schools, clinics, hospitals). Furthermore, in order to become a licensed psychologist in New York State, the candidate continues their training on a post doctoral level, which encompasses 1750 post doctoral training hours under the supervision of a NYS licensed psychologist.
Psychologists are trained to administer an extensive array of tests, surveys, questionnaires and clinical evaluation tools in order to obtain a detailed assessment of intellectual, cognitive, academic, and socio-emotional functioning.
- New York State Licensed Psychologist
- Doctorate of Psychology (Psy.D.), School/Community Psychology, Hofstra University (APA Accredited)
- Masters of Science, School/Community Psychology, Hofstra University (APA Accredited)
- Master of Arts, Public Administration-Concentration Healthcare, CW Post University
- Certificate of Advanced Study, Hofstra University (APA Accredited)
- Post Doctoral Internship, East End Psychological Services, PC
- Pre Doctoral Internship (APA accredited), Melillo Center for Mental Health, Glen Cove, NY
- Pre Doctoral Internship (APA Accredited), Hofstra University: Psychological Evaluation & Research Clinic
- Member, American Psychological Association (APA)
- Member, National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)