Hamptons Psychological Assessments PLLC
Psychological Evaluations, Therapy & Consultation for Children, Adolescents, Adults & Families
Parent Education, Training & Support
Parents are faced with many challenges including their own work demands, increased academic expectations and workloads for children, peer pressure on children, and technological advances that are part of our everyday lives and can add to the daily stress. Parent training is one method that empowers parents to more effectively manage their children's behaviors and create a more positive home environment. Parent training can help parents learn effective ways to relate to their children, how to encourage cooperative behavior in their children, and how not to reinforce unacceptable behaviors. At Hamptons Psychological Assessments, PLLC we teach various evidenced based strategies to parents including but not limited to:
- Proper access to attention
- Learning to praise appropriate behaviors and ignore mild inappropriate behaviors
- Use of reinforcement strategies
- Effective use of time-out and response cost
- Using appropriate commands
- Utilizing "when-then" contingencies
- Behavior Modification (i.e. daily charts or token economies)
- Effective home-school communication
We are here to support you through the various challenges you may be experiencing with your child or children. Parent training will enhance your knowledge, skills, and confidence as a parent.
Please contact Hamptons Psychological Assessments, PLLC to obtain further information on Parent Education, Training & Support.